Eggs are a great way to start the morning. They’re filling, 100% naturally nutritious and packed full of protein to power you through the day!
You can enjoy poached eggs as a quick snack or a light meal at any time of the day.
- 1-2 eggs per person
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- Toasted bread or muffins
- Salt and pepper to serve
1. Fill a large shallow frying pan or a small-medium pot with water 3-4 cm deep and heat to a rolling boil.
2. Add vinegar.
3. Break an egg into a small cup or ramekin, and reduce water to a low heat ie simmer.
4. Gently pour the egg into the water and repeat with any additional eggs.
5. Cook gently for 3-5 minutes, until cooked to your liking, or when the yolk is set and the white is almost firm.
6. Lift the eggs out using a slotted spoon or fish slice and drain excess water. Gently pat the spoon or slice on top of a paper towel or tea towel to help this process.
7. Serve on toast or muffins.
Watch Nici Wickes’ new video for tips on cooking poached eggs at https://youtu.be/S_-WKjOpIlY