Welcome to our last ‘seasonal menu’ of 2023. Whilst we have been hit with some pretty horrendous increases in food, packaging and plant costs this year we have managed to keep our own prices relatively low for you all.
We have had to increase our prices slightly in the upcoming menu, but looking across the ready-meal market, we are still one of the more cost effective options, with the best variety and quality.
As well as being great value, ordering from EAT offers:
- Easy and convenient meals.
- Meals you don’t have the time or energy to make – think roasted or slow-cooked meats that melt in your mouth, for instance!
- A variety of nine different meals to choose from each week plus soups and desserts.
- Nutritious, balanced and tasty food, created by professional chefs.
- Portion controlled – not too big and not to small!
- Affordable and flexible (no contracts or regular commitment required).
- Zero waste.
- Peace of mind that your food is being prepared in a clean and controlled kitchen environment, with the highest quality control and safety standards to ensure that every meal is safe, fresh, and delicious, ready to be enjoyed by you.
Our Spring menu takes us right through to Christmas.
Then comes our much-anticipated Christmas and Holiday menu – be sure to check that one out from late November (for delivery between 18th December and 14th January).
If you are thinking you might want to have a hassle free Christmas and wish to be kept in the loop please visit our website www.eat.co.nz and join our mailing list or just take a peek in late November – Salmon, Lamb Rack, Turkey – I love Christmas!
And nothing says Christmas more than our famous Christmas Cake!
This will be available for sale from 13th November just in time to get you in the festive mood or to buy as a delicious Christmas gift.
These are the same size as our sultana cakes, with a butter cream icing and Christmas holly decoration made of fondant icing.
Margaret (my mother and the founder of EAT) has been making this cake for over 50 years. She would soak the fruit and nuts for months, it was a labour of love.
However, as a child, I hated fruit cake – but I loved almonds! So I would find the freshly-baked Christmas cakes and dig out all the almonds then put it back! Mum was not happy when she would offer her visitors some cake with a cuppa only to find it hacked and pillaged!
I have since learnt to appreciate the cake in its entirety, so no need to worry about childhood antics affecting the EAT cakes.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the past year, whether you are a regular customer or one that taps in occasionally due to time or circumstance, we appreciate each and every one of you. We hope you enjoy this menu and we look forward to being your personal chef, feeding you into 2024 and beyond.